Attorney/CTFA® Austin Chestnut
Austin is an Attorney/CTFA® with almost 20 years of practice experience. He is a graduate of the Norman A. Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University (J.D.), the Lundy-Fetterman School of Business at Campbell University (M.B.A.), and North Carolina State University’s College of Management (B.S. Business Management and Corporate Finance). In addition to the practice of law, he is also a Certified Trust & Financial Advisor® as accredited by the American Bankers Association. From 2014 to 2018 Austin served as compliance counsel for the private wealth division of SunTrust Bank.
As an attorney, Austin concentrates his practice in advanced estate planning and asset protection techniques, probate, fiduciary litigation, guardianships, charitable organizations, and corporate and business law focusing on small business representation.
Austin’s Other Accomplishments –
- Member of the Bars of the Supreme Court of the United States, United States Tax Court, and the Federal District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
- Graduate of the American Bankers Association Trust School
- Faculty of the South Eastern Trust School
- Adjunct Professor, Masters of Trust & Wealth Management, Lundy-Fetterman School of Business at Campbell University
- Member of the North Carolina Bar Association including the Business Law, Elder Law, and Estate Planning Sections
- Member of the American Bar Association including the Estate Planning and Real Property, Trust & Estates Sections
- Author of a number of white papers in the areas of estate planning and small business topics
- Member of the First Health Foundation Center Professional Advisory Council, Pinehurst, NC
- Member of the Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity International
- Continuing Education Lecturer on the topics of Estate Planning and Asset Protection
Although he mostly grew up in Raleigh, Austin was born in Southern Pines. During his off hours, he is a student of genealogy and enjoys the outdoors, being an avid outdoorsman. He has two teenaged sons and resides in downtown Southern Pines.